Low-rise jeans are making a comeback and are being promoted by social media influencers. LYCRA® ADAPTIV fiber is a great choice for this style because of its adaptive stretch properties that fit different body types. The “easy stretch” feature delivers maximum comfort to the waistband area for low-rise silhouettes. Furthermore, the comfortable holding force will help improve comfort both in rest and in motion. LYCRA® ADAPTIV fiber extends garment wear life by delivering excellent soft stretch properties even after repeated washes. This patent-pending fiber creates "one-size-fits-more" garments that promote size inclusivity.
Smart casual is another popular trend that reflects the consumer’s need for comfort and their desire for dressing up. The transition from remote to hybrid working is fueling the need for more office-appropriate looks without sacrificing comfort. New LYCRA® DUAL COMFORT technology is now available for denim! This innovation offers in-demand benefits like all-day comfort and moisture-wicking performance that keeps the wearer cool and dry. We also offer a sustainable option that is made with LYCRA® T400® A EcoMade fiber, which contains a mix of recycled and renewable content.
Nineties and Aughties (90s and 00s) bleached wash offerings are a major trend among Gen Z shoppers. This look calls for high-performance fibers that offer durable shape retention that resists damage from chlorine bleach. We recommend some of our industry-leading stretch fibers for this look: LYCRA® dualFX® technology, LYCRA® T400® fiber and LYCRA® Anti-Slip fiber.
Explore Relevant Consumer Insights
The LYCRA Company recently ran a consumer research study* to determine what consumers believe are the most significant issues facing the world today. When asked to select from a menu of options, the first choice was climate change/global warming for 43 percent of consumers. When asked, “what is the most important thing for apparel brands and retailers to focus on,” 50 percent of consumers believed they should “make clothes that are durable and last longer.”
To that end, we offer a range of sustainable solutions for consumers who are increasingly concerned about how their clothing choices can impact the environment. Our EcoMade family of fibers are made from recycled materials that reduce waste and deliver comparable performance to their virgin fiber equivalents.
Choose Sustainable Fibers
- LYCRA® EcoMade fiber is made with 20% pre-consumer recycled spandex for sustainable stretch performance.
- LYCRA® T400® EcoMade fiber is made from at least 50% recycled content and 18% renewable materials for sustainable stretch that resists bagging and sagging.
- COOLMAX® EcoMade technology is made from 100% textile waste or 100% recycled PET to provide cool and dry comfort.
- THERMOLITE® EcoMade technology is made from 100% textile waste or 100% recycled PET to deliver lightweight warmth.
Create Durable Jeans
Our LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ brand stretch fibers for denim resist damage from external agents to extend the lifespan of jeans, it includes:
- LYCRA® Anti-Slip fiber helps prevent seam slippage in stretch denim.
- LYCRA® dualFX® technology provides best-in-class stretch and recovery for excellent shape retention.
- LYCRA® lastingFIT technology resists fiber damage from external agents to extend garment life, also available in EcoMade®
- LYCRA® T400® fiber delivers durable stretch and shape retention to denim with the added benefits of breathability, cooling, and chlorine resistance.
- LYCRA® TOUGH MAX™ technology is the leading solution for rugged jeans built to last.
Find Denim Fabrics
Brands and garment makers, are you ready to start sourcing certified fabrics from our authorized mills around the world? Visit our virtual marketplace on LYCRA ONE™, our customer portal that brings the value chain together. Registration is fast and free.
*Source: Global Sustainability Research Study, May 2022, Grounded World. This study of 3,000 consumers (80% female, 20% male) took place in the U.S., China, Italy, Germany, and Brazil. Respondents were from an upper socio-economic level and college educated.
LYCRA®, dualFX®, FREEF!T®, T400®, TOUGH MAX™, COOLMAX® and THERMOLITE® are trademarks of The LYCRA® Company.